11 February 2010

Reading Material - New Typographic Design

I have just handed in the Educational Publicity leaflet, and although I am sort of "happy" with it... I feel there is room for improvement...which is great because we are able to re-submit it at a later stage... My head is sort of buzzing with ideas, such as introducing a new colour - lime I think as it'll go well with the blue. Also I want to fine tune the poster at the back. I had to change it a little bit due to my folding issues so I need to review this, plus after printing it I realise there was a big "boo boo" but now I now that I can fix it. The main issue with this, is that the format is so big than printing it is not always easy, although I have definitely printed bits as I went along, essentially to see if the font size is OK. As always it is really nice to see what other people have done - a few ones really stood out. Anyway, I just took out a few books from the library to try and get some inspiration...

Design Agency:
Research Studios
Project: Who's Next (2003)


"Visual Identity and art direction for Who's Next", a French fashion show that has become one of the top international events. Fragments of headline text set in Neue Helvetica have been cut up and pasted onto the spreads. These cut-ups give the page a contemporary punk-aesthetic twist."



Design Agency
Research Studios
Project: Exberliner (2004)

"Research Studios designed the masthead and various covers, as well as contributing ideas to inside layouts, for Exberliner, the English-language Berlin newspapers. Shown here are two colour variations for a second-birthday party invite/flyer. The large number "2" is generated from a series overlapping diagonal lines."

No comments:

Post a Comment