18 February 2010

Had a really good day today...

...and thought I'd share it.... It's been such a long time since I felt this way since going @ LCC. The last few weeks after Christmas have sort of been manic and... a bit disappointing even. Lately, in fact since starting @ LCC I have not felt I have produced "good design". It's as if I have totally become "rubbish" and really been wondering what is it I have been doing since October...?! I feel design wise I have reached a plateau. This morning I was just looking through a few things I did last year and it reminded me why I came here in the first place... Yes because I like creating things, having fun even, do stupid things that will not work, some better than others, but HAVING FUN, which is something I feel I have not been doing lately. Always rushing to try and produce something...anything...then be unhappy about it...
This new project with Zerofee seems quite exiting...so I hope I'll be able to produce something I'll be proud of...
But I was saying I had a good day today...yes...VCT was really good...most of us had read books or passage/ sections of books on our VCT list and it was nice to share with the rest of the group...we should do this more often... it is a nice interaction with the rest of the group, nice to know what their thoughts on a subject is...
And in the afternoon we had a Typography workshop... and as "not very exiting" as Typography may be, Ben and the rest of the group made sure it was "light" enought to be a both enjoyable and interesting session.

We are all trying hard to produce a piece of "good typography".




















It's nice to be able to see your whole document...









... but it is even better when you can see it "up close"









Making all "justification" right


No comments:

Post a Comment