26 May 2010

Nearly the end...

I think we must have all said it but it is so true; this year has gone by extremely quickly.


I have enjoyed it; even though I had a few lows and have been struggling.
If this year has gone that quick, I can only imagine how much quicker next year will be.
When I first applied for this course, I never thought I would do a 3rd year; then at one point during the year I thought it would be better if I did, now however I am not so sure.  
Not because I would not enjoy it or because I think it is not worth it but because I have really struggled this year.  I have so much "commitments" in my personal life that I have really felt as thought I could barely keep my head above water.
Next year will be much harder; there is a degree at the end.
If I am still struggling as much then I do not think I will apply for a 3rd year; as they say it is quality not quantity.  I do not want to hand rushed pieces of work.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.


Although, it has not always been obvious for me, I do think I have learnt; it is only now that I can actually see that I have developed ( I hope!).  
Although, when you study design, your eyes automatically attracted towards "design" (leaflet, posters, magazine...) and you become quite critical.  I have actually noticed recently that I do this much more (even pieces of design on TV!) and I am not just critical, I am processing it.


I have also enjoyed keeping a blog; it is nice to look back at what you've done throughout the year; funny how something you though was completely rubbish I am able to say it is not as bad as I thought, or something you've done you can't bear to look at it...lol!


What brought me to graphic design in the first place is magazine layout/ brochure, and I know now it is still what I want to do.  After having designed the packaged bottle for the collage extension; I looked at a lot of packaging and I must say that it is also something I would be happy to carry on experimenting.  Working 3D is very different than flat but I really did like it.


Well I think this will be one of the last entries for this year, although I will try to keep blogging and put up things that hopefully I'll be working on this summer - for myself, for my portfolio, I have a lot of unfinished business to make presentable.



No comments:

Post a Comment