12 November 2009

BECOME HEALTHIER - PROJECT



Just starting research on the project which is a local council, promoting to become healthier, targeted to 20-30s.

I have been going through a few related websites...
So far, the information I am getting is not necessarily aimed at 20 to 30 years old but more generalised to people from all ages. My first thoughts on the 20-30s audience is that they have a fast paced life, have busy social lifestyle and maybe not much spare time.

I started doing some research as well as noting them down in my sketchbook. Firstly, I concentrated on trying to get a better feel of my target audience - Style Conscious 20 to 30 years old. As such, I created a quick questionnaires. I am also trying to compile a list of what they are most likely to read. I carried on my research by going through a couple of magazines (Company, Glamour) and cut out objects which I think relates to them.

I have gone through the "Ideas Generation Process" and applied the following: Consider all Factors, Dominant Idea, Concept Challenge, Reverse, Exaggerate, Distort and Wishful Thinking and finally the Stepping Stone. I must say, this does really speed up the whole coming out with ideas thing, although, I still need to practice some more to come out with even more and better idea in the future.


























I have also made annotations on cuts out I have pasted, it helps coming out with "slogans" and also take an idea a little further.


























24 November 2009, following a group work review session, where I saw a lot of interesting and inspirational things from the others (it is nice to see how the same message can mean and be interpreted differently by someone else), the feedback given is great as it is enabling me to take my research further. ie look into what would being fitter mean for your own benefit. I have therefore asked myself those questions which I will try to get an answer for:
  • What does "fitness" bring to you?
  • Look into benefits of exercising, what does it represent
  • Exercise can make you feel... (happy, brings you more confidence, release "endorphins", energised, enhance your performance, becoming fitter makes you more aware of your body)
As a format, I had thought of doing "decking syle cards" - 7 - one for each days of the week, although I do think it is still a convenient way - this could eventually pose problems for the user such as losing them, getting them torn, forgetting them...maybe have something like an apps as now more and more phones have those features included.

29 November 2009, following my Group Work Review with Orlagh on Friday, I carried on with a little further research such as creating some moodboards. I also looked at some typography samples, mainly within the food range. Those also gave me a range of colour scheme to think about. I just started taking some ideas on the picture and I've kept a progress sheet; although it is good to do this for myself, and also for the need of the PDF, I'm afraid I am spending more time describing my actions than actually getting on with the works so I need to think of a faster and more efficient method to do this. Furthermore, a step by step guide might be just a little too much and may prove soporific for the reader...


Samples of typefaces found on food packaging.
























Just thought about the "Communicate Your Message" method




















Looking through typefaces I would mostly for my headlines.





















04 December 2009, my project is pretty much finished now - just checking through a couple of things to get it ready for print... if I am truly honest, I am not 100% happy with the final outcome. I went through quite a few drastically changes since my last group work review; mainly due to comments that were made. Not just that, but also there were a few things that did not seem to "work" so I modified them. Having gone through my whole sketchbook after doing the pdf, I realised that I sort of wonder why I did a sketchbook in the first place. Looking back, now I feel as though I have left out lots of things...?
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment