30 October 2010

A to Z of Graphic Language - B

I have chosen Bodycopy for my second word.

"Main text found in publications we read.  Bodycopy is the text of the stories and articles.  It is usually between 8 and 14 points in size.  Readability is the key to selecting fonts for bodycopy."

So far I am thinking of using bodycopy of newspaper cuttings, which I would use in a context other than a publication i.e. booklet, magazine, spread etc...


Text is usually found just about everywhere; although on publicity items it is usually no more than a few words or a sentence as the message needs to be understood fast; which is why I thought it may be interesting to put large amount of text on a product not initially designed for this purpose.
















Other 3D formats to consider: boxes. On the inside newspaper clippings.
The outside would have the definition of bodycopy.
On the lid, I want the letters BODYCOPY to have bodycopy inside them... I know how to do it with Photoshop...but that is too easy so I will try manually and compare both results.

















The process to get there was quite lengthy... but each letter holds enough text to be "passed on" as bodycopy... now how about the computerised version?











This looks much cleaner (not to mention it can be achieved very quickly!) and I guess it looks at least as good as the handmade one...could definitely do with more text.
Now about mixing them up?




  
I think this one with some work would probably be better than the two above.  It is the handmade version scanned in; as it is now computerised, it offers some flexibility and potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment