17 March 2011

Bodycopy

Visual Examples



Quite sweet, might have been worth see what it would like on transparent paper.

Close up of the picture below, hard to believe the woman is made of a multitude of strips of words pasted altogether. The result is truly amazing.  Here is more example of her work.


The body shaped text really "comes out alive" - for lack of finding a better descriptive expression!  However, I personally feel that the image of the woman sorts of spoils it... maybe it should have been another body shaped text or an illustration?

Nice to have the text follow the steam’s path.  The effect would have been greater if the illustration had been made of text.


I have come across some further examples in this book.

Sketchbook and Initial Ideas

Representing and object or shape through type only.

















Just a little brainstorming to get me going.  I know what I would like to do but I still need to find some sort of purpose for it.  Whatever it will be, I like the idea of having it linked to books: 
- stories
- bookstore (packaging for mailing or taking the product away ie recyclable bag, advertising product ie poster, promoting booklet, bookmarks...)




I thought I would try and have a theme around children's book, therefore I chose a tale entitle the "Booted Cat", not sure if the translation is totally accurate as I remember it from my childhood.














This is a close up, amazing how long it took me to just do that... and even so I am not happy with the multitude of sizes and how the text's layout keeps changing!



No comments:

Post a Comment