02 April 2010

Re-rearranging The Furniture...

Just started taking a look at a project in particular that I dit last year, it was pretty big; it was entitled "Rearranging The Furniture", oddly enough but in fact the brief was to redesign mastheads for the ES Magazine (the evening standard friday supplement); 4 in total - Style, Sport, Entertainment and Homes & Property.  We also had to redesign the logo; had to keep it ES though.  We also had to do one feature of 3 pages, as well as a content/edititorial pages.  
As it has been a year and that trends do change tremendously and because I just thought why not...I am now in the process of updating a few things so here is the before: 

and the after:
Now that I am looking at it from this angle, I can see that the ES is way too big
















Still too big and awkward with the big "hole" on top.

















Nope, looks too crowded now.


















Better, although there is too much space between the letters (tracking), ES and Magazine, too fart apart from each other. The date put too closely underneath ES.















I think this is better, I have closed up the gaps between the letters as well as brought up closer the space between ES and Magazine.  I have aligned the dates with Homes and Property, this way it gives more breathing space for ES.  I just need to decide now whether I should put Homes and Property in a different colour, as there is a different issue for 3 other titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment